Nov. 6th-14th, 2018
Nine Days and Eight Nights
Highlights of this trip:
- Discovering the Pueblo Mágico, Tequila, a typical Mexican village, home of the famous drink
- Following the footsteps of one of the greatest Mexican muralists, José Clemente Orozco
- Visiting the colorful Pueblos Mágicos, Tlaquepaque, Tonalá and Ajijic, and viewing their rich handcrafts
- Enjoying the annual Feria de los Maestros in Chapala and having the best opportunities to see the best quality of Folk Art in México
- Learning about the history of the most emblematic buildings in Guadalajara, Jalisco
- Being amazed with the beauty of Guachimontones, the most important archaeological site in Jalisco
- Enjoying the colors at the local markets and seeing the religiosity with the popular Lady of Zapopan
NOVEMBER 6 – TO GUADALAJARA
We will have our first dinner together around 6:30pm at our centrally located hotel in Guadalajara, Jalisco, and we will introduce you to these nine days of adventure.
NOVEMBER 7 – GUADALAJARA
We will start our visit to Guadalajara visiting a World Heritage Center: Hospicio Cabañas. This important cultural center holds some of the incredible murals that José Clemente Orozco painted. Then we will continue with our visit to the most emblematic historic buildings of Guadalajara.
NOVEMBER 8 – TLAQUEPAQUE AND TONALÁ
After breakfast we will visit two interesting places: Tlaquepaque and Tonalá. This will be an opportunity to be close to different expressions of art. We will visit galleries and we will meet local artists in order to be involved in the new wave.
NOVEMBER 9 – TEQUILA
Tequila is not just a drink, it’s a place. Today we will go to Tequila and we will learn about the process to make this distinctive drink, a true trademark of México.
NOVEMBER 10 – CHAPALA
During the first half of the day we will visit the 17th Annual Feria de Maestros del Arte at Chapala, Jalisco. Our purpose is to participate in the fair and see the highest quality of Mexican Folk Art. Then we will have time to discover the surroundings of Lake Chapala.
NOVEMBER 11 – GUACHIMONTONES
Jalisco has a very important archaeological site: Guachimontones. Also we will visit the The Interpretive Center Guachimontones “Phil Weigand,” named after the archaeologist who dedicated his career to work on this site, and we will discover the fascinating story behind his knowledge related with the hidden geometry of the Guachimontones.
NOVEMBER 12 – ZAPOPAN
Today we will visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan, an architectural jewel of the XVII century. Then we will go to the City Hall in order to see the unique murals painted by José Clemente Orozco.
NOVEMBER 13 – LAGOS DE MORENO
Today we will drive to a Pueblo Mágico: Lagos de Moreno. There we will have the opportunity to learn about the majestic neoclassical buildings that are in the city and include the Temple of Calvario and the Rinconada of the Capuchin. Then we will visit the Parish of Asunción for one of the best displays of baroque buildings in America. Inside it is as spectacular as its towers of 72 meters.
NOVEMBER 14 – RETURN
Today we will take you to the international airport in Guadalajara, Jalisco by 8am, in order to take your flight back home.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy*):||$1,350|
|To reserve your spot:||$675|
|Balance (due by Sept 1, 2018):||$675|
|*If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Welcome and farewell dinners
It does not include:
- Meals other than breakfasts and two dinners
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only sixteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)