Feb 24-Mar 4, 2018
Nine Incredible Days
Each fall, millions, probably billions, of Monarch butterflies travel nearly 2,500 miles to the Western Central Highlands of México. In order to protect the butterflies, this region, covering more than 200 square miles, was named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The lengthy journey of the butterfly is unique and takes about five months. It starts in November. The best time to visit the sanctuaries is during late February and early March, because during these days, the clusters break apart and the butterflies begin their mating rituals.
Highlights of this trip:
- Enjoying the orange-colored butterflies at the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, where we will visit three different sanctuaries
- Experiencing the colonial city of Morelia, visiting its museums, galleries and its remarkable colonial center
- Visiting five pueblos mágicos – Pátzcuaro, Angangueo, Cuitzeo, Santa Clara del Cobre, and Tzintzuntzan
- Seeing the colors of the Purépecha culture through its architecture, textiles and flavors
- Admiring the beauty of Lake Pátzcuaro and the life that surrounds it
- Visiting the folk artists at Santa Clara del Cobre
- Being amazed at the magnificence of the Paricutin Volcano and the village that was partially covered by its wash
On the way to Angangueo
Sanctuary of El Rosario
Museums & Galleries
Santa Clara del Cobre
Return to México City Airport
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy*):||$1,150|
|To reserve your spot:||$575|
|Balance (due by Dec 10, 2017):||$575|
|*If you'd like a private room, add:||$250|
The tour includes:
- Transportation: México City Airport-Michoacán-Puebla-México City Airport
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily continental breakfast at the hotel
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
It does not include:
- Airfare to México City
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only sixteen travelers.
Our transportation services in México City will start on February 24 at 1:45 p.m. Ask for the meeting point at the airport. On March 4, we will be at the airport by 4:00 p.m.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)
Currency conversion of $1,150 USD as of today: