January 26-February 3, 2020
Nine Days and Eight Nights
|Trip begins at:||México City International Airport on Jan 26 at 1:45 p.m.|
|Trip ends at:||México City International Airport on Feb 3 at 4:00 p.m.|
|No. of days:||Nine days and eight nights|
|Areas of interest:||Art, folk art, natural wonders, history, anthropology, gastronomy|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Enjoying the orange-colored butterflies at the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, where we will visit three different sanctuaries
- Experiencing the colonial city of Morelia, visiting its museums, galleries and its remarkable colonial center
- Visiting four Pueblos Mágicos – Pátzcuaro, Cuitzeo, Santa Clara del Cobre, and Tzintzuntzan
- Seeing the colors of the Purépecha culture through its architecture, textiles and flavors
- Admiring the beauty of Lake Pátzcuaro and the life that surrounds it
- Visiting the folk artists at Santa Clara del Cobre
- Being amazed at the magnificence of the Paricutin Volcano and the village that was partially covered by its wash
We will pick you up from the International Airport at 1:45pm and then we will drive three hours to go to Valle de Bravo, in a natural area. Here, you will find the perfect atmosphere to prepare to visit the Monarch butterflies.
Today we will visit the Sanctuary of La Piedra Herrada, one of the most impressive places to admire the Monarch butterflies. We will have a walk of 2 km. in order to get to the top of the mountain. Then we will spend some time in Valle de Bravo.
After breakfast we will visit another important sanctuary, El Rosario. Then we will go to another beautiful village, Tlalpujahua. Our final destination will be the city of Morelia.
Today we will have the opportunity to visit different historic buildings that include the fine architecture and interesting cultural areas in Morelia, such as the Cathedral, the Government Palace, the Sanctuary of Guadalupe and the Clavijero Palace. After lunch we will visit Cuitzeo.
After breakfast we will go to the area of Patzcuaro. Also, we will visit the yácatas of Tzintzuntzan and we will be immersed in the beauty of the landscape of this area of Morelia.
We will continue searching for the most emblematic places in Morelia, including the Church of Santa Rosa de Lima, the Morelia Aqueduct and the Regional Museum of Michoacán.
We will travel to Santa Clara del Cobre, where we will visit a local artist and learn about the importance of copper since pre-Hispanic times. Also we will visit the Museum of Copper.
Today, we will take the road to San Juan Parangaricutiro, where we will learn about the volcano and the church that was partially covered by its ashes. This experience will be fascinating. There will be plenty of time to take unique photos of this extraordinary place.
We will leave Morelia to go to México City, arriving at the airport by 4:00 p.m.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy*):||$1,550|
|To reserve your spot:||$775|
|Balance (due by Dec 10, 2019):||$775|
|*If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Transportation: México City Airport-Michoacán-México City Airport
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Horse rides in two butterfly sanctuaries
- Two culinary experiences in Morelia
- Welcome and farewell dinners
It does not include:
- Airfare to and from México City
- Meals other than breakfasts, two dinners, and two culinary experiences
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only sixteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)