27th February-7th March 2019
Nine Days and Eight Nights
Highlights of this trip:
- Enjoying the orange-colored butterflies at the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, where we will visit three different sanctuaries
- Experiencing the colonial city of Morelia, visiting its museums, galleries and its remarkable colonial center
- Visiting five Pueblos Mágicos – Pátzcuaro, Angangueo, Cuitzeo, Santa Clara del Cobre, and Tzintzuntzan
- Seeing the colors of the Purépecha culture through its architecture, textiles and flavors
- Admiring the beauty of Lake Pátzcuaro and the life that surrounds it
- Visiting the folk artists at Santa Clara del Cobre
- Being amazed at the magnificence of the Paricutin Volcano and the village that was partially covered by its wash
We will pick you up from the International Airport at 1:45pm and then we will drive three hours to go to a ranch in a natural area. Here, you will find the perfect atmosphere to prepare to visit the Monarch Butterflies.
Today we will visit the Sanctuary of El Rosario, one of the most impressive places to admire the Monarch Butterflies. We will have a walk of 2 km in order to get to the top of the mountain. Later, we will visit the Pueblo Mágico, Tlalpujahua.
After lunch we will visit another important sanctuary, Chincua. Then we will go to a third beautiful area, Los Azufres. Our final destination will be the city of Morelia.
Today we will have the opportunity to visit different historic buildings that include the fine architecture and interesting cultural areas in Morelia City, such as the Cathedral, the Government Palace, the Sanctuary of Guadalupe and the Clavijero Palace. After lunch we will visit Cuitzeo.
After breakfast we will go to the area of Patzcuaro. Also, we will visit the yácatas of Tzintzuntzan and we will be immersed in the beauty of the landscape of this area of Morelia.
We will continue searching for the most emblematic places in Morelia, including the Church of Santa Rosa de Lima, the Morelia Aqueduct and the Regional Museum of Michoacán.
On the way to Uruapan, we will make a stop in Santa Clara del Cobre, where we will visit a local artist and learn about the importance of copper since pre-Hispanic times. Also we will visit the Museum of Copper.
In Uruapan we will take the road to Parangaricutiro, where we will learn about the volcano and the church that was partially covered by its ashes. Then we will visit the center of Uruapan.
We will leave Uruapan in order to drive to México City, arriving at the airport by 4pm.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy*):||$1,350|
|To reserve your spot:||$675|
|Balance (due by Jan 10, 2019):||$675|
|*If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Transportation: México City Airport-Michoacán-México City Airport
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
It does not include:
- Airfare to México City
- Meals other than breakfasts and two dinners
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only sixteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)