Oct 27-Nov 4, 2017
Nine Unforgettable Days
Oaxaca is a unique, vibrant colonial city where two major cultures come together, the Mixtec and the Zapotec. Both are a source of beauty and inspiration. Having the chance to go to Oaxaca is the opportunity to be immersed in a world of alebrijes, flavored mezcal and the aroma of chocolate.
One of our favorite experiences is to go to local markets where we find the most beautiful textiles and generous women, who offer chapulin, an exotic traditional dish. We also will visit amazing archaeological sites, places of natural beauty and so on. Besides all this, we will be in Oaxaca in this special moment, the Day of the Dead.
Every day we will be part of different activities related with the Day of the Dead. The city of Oaxaca organizes an incredible festival around this tradition. Most of these activities take place during the evening and night. During the daytime, we will have the opportunity to explore the city’s surroundings. The Day of the Dead is an extraordinary opportunity to travel to the small villages and see how the people show their religiosity and love to their families.
On this tour, we will also visit Puebla. There we will be able to see a unique way to celebrate this festival, with giant carpets that are created with marigolds and other colorful flowers.
Every day you will be part of extraordinary, mystical events.
Highlights of this trip:
- Visiting small villages around Puebla and Oaxaca to enjoy the fiesta
- Being in the houses of the most remarkable folk-artists and learning about their own traditions
- Enjoying with the local families their creations and perceptions about this fiesta
- Visiting places off the traditional path, often on the market days
- Sharing the cycle of life in a colorful way through parades and processions at the cemeteries in the small villages
- Seeing the extravaganza of the fiesta in the main city, where the youth also participate in the celebration
Santo Domingo de Guzmán
Teotitlán del Valle
San Jerónimo Tlacochahuaya
Santa María del Tule
Cuilam de Guerrero
San Antonio Arrazola
Ocotlán de Morelos
Return to México City
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy*):||$1,880|
|To reserve your spot:||$250|
|Payment 1 (due by June 30, 2017):||$815|
|Payment 2 (due by Aug 31, 2017)||$815|
The tour includes:
- Transportation: México City Airport-Puebla-Oaxaca and Oaxaca-Puebla-México City Airport
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily continental breakfast at the hotel
- Four lunches, including a culinary experience in Puebla and three lunches tasting local flavors and the delicious traditional cuisine of Oaxaca
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Workshop to make alebrijes in the house of Manuel Jiménez, where this tradition started
- Workshop to make rugs with Eugenia Batista, the best known artist in Teotitlán del Valle
It does not include:
- Airfare to México City
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only sixteen travelers.
Our transportation services in México City will start on Oct 27 at 4:30 p.m. Meeting point: Terminal 1 bus terminal in front of Pullman’s offices. We will take our van to the Terminal 1 bus terminal, located near the car ramp that leads to the international area. There you can find a variety of services: VIP lounges, Internet, and waiting, reading and meeting rooms. We will meet in front of Pullman’s front desk. There is a waiting area with a group of chairs.
On November 4, we will be at the airport by 3:00 p.m.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)