Chepe Express Train Adventure
Oct 7 – Oct 15, 2023
Nine Days and Eight Nights
Suppose you have been waiting for a good opportunity to explore and to be grateful for the wonder that is your life. This is your moment to enjoy this fabulous trip. You will have the adventure of taking the Chepe Express train and discovering México’s Copper Canyon, with its incredible panoramic views. Also, you will meet Rarámuris and their culture. Every day is designed to have breathtaking moments and celebrate the joy of so much beauty. You don’t need a special occasion to celebrate your life, and this is a gift that is a timeless experience. You deserve it, and it was designed for you!
|Trip begins at:||Los Mochis, Sinaloa Airport on Oct 7, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Trip ends at:||Chihuahua Airport on Oct 15, 2023 at the time of your preference|
|No. of days:||Nine days and eight nights|
|Areas of interest:||Natural wonders, culture, folk art, adventure activities and anthropology|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Seeing the most exciting views of the Copper Canyon in Chihuahua
- Traveling on the legendary el Chepe train and enjoying the luxury and the best service available
- Learning about the Rarámuri culture and its extraordinary cosmovision
- Experiencing fantastic activities at the Barrancas del Cobre Adventure Park, including the largest zip line in the Americas as well as a cable car for the more faint-hearted
- Visiting the Tarahumara Cave and the most exciting waterfalls in the canyon
- Enjoying the fascinating village of Creel and learning about its history
- Visiting the natural reserves of Valle de los Hongos and Valle de las Ranas
- Enjoying the magical village of El Fuerte in Sinaloa and learning about the traditional Deer Dance
I will meet you at the airport in Los Mochis, Sinaloa; then we will take the road to the magical village of El Fuerte, where we will have our welcome dinner. This will provide the best atmosphere for us to become immersed in this memorable trip.
Today we will enjoy El Fuerte, the traditional Deer Dance, and the beauty of this place that is immersed in the legend of El Zorro. We will visit El Fuerte Museum with a beautiful view of the river. We will visit the Hill of the Mask during the afternoon, where it is possible to see more than 200 petroglyphs (stone carvings).
After breakfast, at 10:20 a.m., we will take the Chepe Express to get to Bahuichivo. After arriving, we will go to visit the vineyards; we will have a wine tasting and an exquisite lunch in this great location. Then we will go to visit the famous waterfall at Cerocahui.
We will spend the night in Cerocahui.
The next stop will be at Cerro el Gallego, which is considered to be one of the best views of the Copper Canyon. We will also visit another colorful village, Urique.
The next stop will be in Divisadero. After one hour and a half on the train, we will get to our destination, where you will be able to admire the magnificence of the canyon and enjoy the fantastic views. We will spend the night at Hotel Mirador Posada Barranca, where you will have your own balcony with the perfect view.
After resting in the best hotel in the Copper Canyon, we will go to the Barrancas del Cobre Adventure Park. There you will be able to choose from several activities, and enjoy the largest zipline in the Americas or ride a cablecar over the canyon; it’s up to you. Then we’ll spend a second night at Hotel Mirador Posada Barranca, where you will find the best experience available.
In the morning, we will take the road to Creel to visit four fantastic natural wonders; el Valle de Los Hongos (Mushrooms), el Valle de las Ranas (Frogs), el Valle de Los Monjes (Monks), and Lake Arereko. You will have the opportunity to meet the Rarámuris, and you will be immersed in their culture.
Today we will take the last part of our train ride to get to Chihuahua. During the afternoon we will enjoy our farewell dinner in this fantastic city.
From our hotel in Chihuahua, we will arrange your transfer to the airport in Chihuahua.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy):||$2,050|
|To reserve your spot:||$1,025|
|Balance (due by Aug 1, 2023):||$1,025|
|If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Transfers from the airport to the hotel and vice versa
- Train transportation on the Chepe Express
- Daily tours
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner and eight lunches
It does not include:
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only fourteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)
You must be logged in to post a comment.