March 16-24, 2022
Nine Days and Eight Nights
|Trip begins at:||México City International Airport Mar 16 at 1:45 p.m.|
|Trip ends at:||México City International Airport on Mar 24 at 4:30 p.m.|
|No. of days:||Nine days and eight nights|
|Areas of interest:||Festivals, history, archaeology, folk art, cuisine, anthropology|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Using all your senses to explore four magical villages in Puebla & Veracruz: Zacatlán de las Manzanas, Cuetzalan, Coatepec & Papantla
- Visiting four amazing archaeological sites: Quiahuiztlán, Tajín, Cempoala and Youhualichan
- Visiting the most fascinating buildings and the murals that portray the daily life in Zacatlán
- Discovering the famous monumental clock factory and museum in Zacatlán
- Visiting Antigua, the first place that Hernán Cortés founded in Veracruz
- Finding the most exciting coffee plantation and its owners in Coatepec
- Enjoying the best coffee in Veracruz
- Meeting Jacinta, one of the ambassadors of the Flyers Ritual in Cuetzalan
- Enjoying the Sunday market in the most interesting village in México
- You will drink, eat, smell and be delighted with the flavors and fragrances of apples, vanilla and coffee, the aromatic flavors of Puebla & Veracruz
I will meet you at the International Airport in México City at 1:45 p.m.; then we will take the road to Zacatlán de las Manzanas, Puebla.
We will taste the exquisite apples of the most famous ranch in the region. We will then visit the Valley of Stacked Stones, a fantastic geological wonderland filled with crazy basalt rock formations.
Today, we will enjoy the monumental clock factory and museum, and then we will view the stained glass murals and other fantastic artistic expressions in Zacatlán de las Manzanas.
We will take the road to Cuetzalan, which is considered the most charming village in Puebla. Our first stop will be with the weavers and candle crafters. We will meet Jacinta to share her experience as one of the pioneers as a flyer on one of the most important ceremonies in the region and elsewhere.
Today is the Sunday Market, and in Cuetzalan, this day is full of color and beauty. After spending some time enjoying the daily life in this aromatic village, we will visit the local museum and the extraordinary archaeological site of Yohualinchan.
Today we will drive to Coatepec. In this village emerge the fragrances of the best coffee in Veracruz. Before then, we will make a stop at the best museum in the area, the Xalapa Museum, where we will learn about the three cultures that had a great influence in Veracruz, the Olmec, the Totonac, and the Huastec.
Today we will visit a coffee plantation while learning about the process involved to achieve the most exquisite cup of coffee. Then we will have a culinary experience in Coatepec.
To discover more about the History of Veracruz, we will drive close to the Gulf of México, and we will stop to visit Cempoala and then Antigua. We will get to the colorful village of Papantla.
Today we will visit the amazing archaeological site of Tajín in Veracruz. After spending a wonderful time learning about the Totonacs, we will take the road to the International Airport in México, City. We will arrive at the airport at 4:30 p.m
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy):||$1660
|To reserve your spot:||$830|
|Balance (due by Jan 10, 2022):||$830|
|If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Ground transportation
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Horseback riding in Stacked Rocks Valley
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner and two other dinners in Zacatlán de las Manzanas
- Eight lunches with culinary experiences and the aromatic flavors of Puebla & Veracruz
It does not include:
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only fourteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)