8th-10th December, 2018
Three Days and Two Nights
During its major fiestas, Izamal is overflowing with color, flavor and popular religiosity.
Highlights of this trip:
- Enjoying the main festival in honor of the Lady of the Conception, being part of the community in the most important day of celebrations.
- Meeting a Maya midwife who will share her knowledge about plants and traditional medicine while you are spending time in a beautiful environment.
- Being part of La Noche Blanca, a cultural event in Mérida where you will be able to visit galleries and museums, enjoy exquisite food, excellent music, and more.
- Visiting the Chocolate Museum & the unique archaeological site of Uxmal.
- Staying at the beautiful Mérida Hotel, recently renovated and very well located. It has the perfect combination of modernity and history.
We will pick you up in the morning from Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo. After three hours of driving we will reach Izamal and you will be introduced to one of the most interesting festivals in the area. You will learn about many of the local popular religious customs.
Lunch will be in a nearby area, where you will taste the flavors of the Yucatán while also learning about the importance of various Maya medicinal plants with a local midwife.
We will arrive in Mérida at the time that an important cultural event will take place: La Noche Blanca (The White Night). Here, you will join thousands of others to experience hundreds of possibilities.
During this event, the streets of the historic center of Mérida light up with a special glow, the roads are closed to car traffic, and people from all over come to commune with art, theater, museums and other venues of the city, which all open their doors for free and offer a wide variety of activities such as exhibitions, films, music, visual installations, food, acrobatic shows, and more. It is an ideal way to enjoy and spend a pleasant night with the locals, and the fun goes on into the wee hours.
You will have the morning free in order to recover your energies and enjoy the cultural program of Mérida en Domingo. You can ride a bike or walk in some of the most fascinating areas of Mérida.
At noon, we will leave Mérida to visit the Puuc region. After lunch we will visit the Chocolate Museum. There, you will have a full Introduction to the Museum and you will be immersed in the importance of chocolate from pre-Hispanic times to our days. Then we will visit Uxmal, a fascinating archaeological site. Many of its visitors claim that it has a special tranquil ambience that isn’t apparent at other sites. The light during the sunset will provide the perfect atmosphere to enjoy this extraordinary place.
Then we will return to Mérida, and you will enjoy the last moments of the day in the city.
After breakfast we will take the road back to Puerto Morelos.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy*):||$300|
|*If you'd like a private room, add:||$50|
The tour includes:
- Transportation from Puerto Morelos to Mérida and return
- Accommodations, two nights
- Daily breakfast at the hotel (two breakfasts)
- Two lunches
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
It does not include:
- Meals other than two breakfasts and two lunches
- Telephone calls, etc.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)