March 1-9, 2021
Nine Days and Eight Nights
This trip is now available for this season. If you are interested in México City 2021, please Contact Us and tell us that you would like to reserve a place for the trip to México City.
|Trip begins at:||México City International Airport on Mar 1. You will arrange your transfer from the airport to the hotel. The meeting point will be at the hotel.
|Trip ends at:||México City International Airport on Mar 9. We will arrange your transfer to the airport at 8:00 a.m., or later if you prefer.|
|No. of days:||Nine days and eight nights|
|Areas of interest:||Festivals, history, archaeology, folk art, cuisine, anthropology|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Visiting the most fascinating buildings and the murals that portray this important cultural movement, Muralism, that started during the 20’s of the Twentieth Century. We will learn about Diego Rivera, David Alfaro Siqueiros, Juan O’Gorman and José Clemente Orozco, to mention only the most important ones
- Following the footsteps of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera as artists, activists and icons of the Twentieth Century
- Visiting the beautiful museums, galleries, and cultural centers such as the National Museum of Anthropology, the Dolores Olmedo Museum, the Folk Art Museum and more, in order to learn about the three millenium of history of our country
- Being in the most important Mesoamerican city from pre-Hispanic times, Teotihuacan, and learning about this place from its colorful murals, fascinating neighborhoods and cultural expressions
- Listening and singing to the most famous Mexican music with a mariachi in the floating gardens of Xochimilco
- Learning with local artists and appreciating the new art expressions of the city
- Visiting other important archaeological sites like Malinalco and the Templo Mayor, where you will be amazed by its architecture and incredible beauty
- Using all your senses to explore one of the most fascinating cities in the world
I will meet you at our hotel in the center of México City; then we will have our welcome dinner around 6:30pm.
We will visit the National Museum of Anthropology where we will spend some hours discovering the most fascinating aspects of the pre-Hispanic cultures. Then we will have the opportunity to go to the Folk Art Museum.
The Secretary of Education Building holds a very important quantity of the murals of Diego Rivera that were done between 1926-1928. We will go to this historic building and learn about the years of Muralism in México. Then we will visit the Templo Mayor and its great museum.
Today we will drive to Coyoacan and discover the footsteps of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, visiting the Blue House and the Anahucalli Museum. Then we will go to Xochimilco and we will have lunch at the floating gardens. Later, we will visit the Dolores Olmedo Museum.
After breakfast we will go to Teotihuacan, the most important city in pre-Hispanic times. Our approach will include the importance of the murals in the neighborhoods as well as the daily life in this great city. Then we will stop at Tepozotlán and we will learn about the colonial art in that unique place.
With the purpose of visiting different neighborhoods in México City, today we will drive to San Angel. There we will be part of a colorful morning with plenty of local flavors and music at Bazar Sábado. After lunch we will visit the extraordinary exhibition of the Calendar Girls at Soumaya Museum.
Today we will visit Tiburcio Soteno’s family; the mos important artist in Metepec. He is very well-known because of the trees of life. Then we will visit the stunning stained glass work at Toluca.
In order to discover the energy of the Historic Center, we will visit the museum that holds the most popular mural of Diego Rivera: “Dream of a Sunday Afternoon in Alameda Central”. Then we will visit the Fine Arts Palace in order to learn more about the importance of the Muralism Movement.
We will arrange your transfer to the International Airport in México City at the time of your convenience.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy*):||$1,650|
|To reserve your spot:||$825|
|Balance (due by Jan 10, 2020):||$825|
|*If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Four lunches
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Boat to Xochimilco with Mariachi music
It does not include:
- Meals other than breakfasts and two dinners
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel and vice versa
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only sixteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)