October 14-22, 2021
Nine Days and Eight Nights
100 Years since the Discovery of the Malinaltepec Mask
|Trip begins at:||México City International Airport on Oct 14. You will arrange your transfer from the airport to the hotel. The meeting point will be at the hotel.
|Trip ends at:||México City International Airport on Oct 22. We will arrange your transfer to the airport at 8:00 a.m., or later if you prefer.|
|No. of days:||Nine days and eight nights|
|Areas of interest:||Festivals, history, archaeology, folk art, cuisine, anthropology|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Visiting the most fascinating buildings and the murals that portray the important cultural movement, Muralism, that started during the 20’s of the twentieth century. We will learn about Diego Rivera, David Alfaro Siqueiros, Juan O’Gorman and José Clemente Orozco, to mention only the most important ones
- Following the footsteps of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera as artists, activists and icons of the twentieth century
- Visiting the beautiful museums, galleries, and cultural centers such as the National Museum of Anthropology, the Dolores Olmedo Museum, the Folk Art Museum and more, in order to learn about the three millenium of history of our country
- Being in the most important Mesoamerican city from pre-Hispanic times, Teotihuacan, and learning about this place from its colorful murals, fascinating neighborhoods and cultural expressions
- Listening and singing to the most famous Mexican music with a mariachi in the floating gardens of Xochimilco
- Visiting the Nest of Quetzalcóatl, considered to be architect Javier Senosiain’s best contribution to Organic Architecture
- Learning with local artists and appreciating the new art expressions of the city
I will meet you at our hotel in the center of México City; we will have our welcome dinner around 6:30 p.m.
We will visit the National Museum of Anthropology where we will spend some hours discovering the most fascinating aspects of the pre-Hispanic cultures. We will enjoy the exhibition about the 100th Anniversary of the Malinaltepec Mask. Then we will have the opportunity to go to the Folk Art Museum.
With the purpose of visiting different neighborhoods in México City, today we will drive to San Angel. There we will be part of a colorful morning with plenty of local flavors and music at Bazar Sábado. After lunch we will visit the extraordinary exhibition of the Calendar Girls at Soumaya Museum.
After breakfast we will go to Teotihuacan, the most important city in pre-Hispanic times. Our approach will include the importance of the murals in the neighborhoods as well as the daily life in this great city.
The Secretary of Education Building holds a very important quantity of the murals of Diego Rivera that were done between 1926-1928. We will go to this historic building and learn about the years of Muralism in México. Then we will visit the Templo Mayor and its great museum.
Today we will drive to Coyoacan and discover the footsteps of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, visiting the Blue House and the Anahucalli Museum. Then we will go to Xochimilco and we will have lunch at the floating gardens. Later, we will visit the Dolores Olmedo Museum.
Today we will visit Tiburcio Soteno’s family; the most important artist in Metepec. He is very well-known because of the trees of life. Then we will visit the stunning stained glass work at Toluca.
In order to discover the energy of the Organic Architecture we will visit the Nest of Quetzalcóatl and it’s spectacular garden. You will find inspiration and beautiful moments in this amazing place.
We will arrange your transfer to the International Airport in México City at the time of your convenience.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy):||$1,880|
|To reserve your spot:||$940
|Balance (due by Sept 1, 2021):||$940|
|If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel and vice versa
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Boat to Xochimilco with Mariachi music
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner and eight lunches
It does not include:
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only eight travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)