The best of the Folk Art and the colorful artisan fair in Chapala!
Nov 7 – Nov 15, 2024
Nine Days and Eight Nights
Guadalajara has so much to offer, from the splendid murals of José Clemente Orozco to the magical towns such as: Tlaquepaque, Chapala, Ajijic, Tonalá and Lagos de Moreno, each place will give us great delight, We will also visit the most important Folk Art fair in Mexico. We will go to Chapala to talk and share with the Great Masters of Folk Art, while we enjoy the best views of the Lake. This trip is the perfect combination of architecture, muralism, folk art and splendid gastronomy. This trip is for you!
|Trip begins at:||Guadalajara International Airport on November 7 , 2024|
|Trip ends at:||Guadalajara International Airport on November 15, 2024|
|No. of days:||Nine days and eight nights|
|Areas of interest:||Festivals, history, archaeology, folk art, cuisine, anthropology|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Discovering the magical town of Tequila, a typical Mexican village, home of the famous drink
- Following the footsteps of one of three greatest muralists: José Clemente Orozco
- Visiting the most colorful magical villages and and the richness of the handcrafts at Tlaquepaque, Tonalá and Ajijic
- Enjoying the Annual Feria de los Maestros in Chapala and having the best opportunities to see the best quality of Folk Art in México
- Learning about the history of the most emblematic buildings in Guadalajara
- Being amazed about the beauty of Guachimontones, the most important archaeological site in Jalisco
- Enjoying the colors at the local markets and the seeing the popular religiosity with the Lady of Zapopan
We will organize your transfer from the airport to our centrally located Hotel at Guadalajara, Jalisco. Then we will have our first dinner together and we will welcome you to these 9 days of adventure.
We will start our visit to Guadalajara by visiting a World Heritage Center: Hospicio Cabañas. This important cultural center holds the incredible murals that José Clemente Orozco painted. Then we will continue with our visit to the most emblematic historic buildings of Guadalajara.
After breakfast we will visit two interesting places: Tlaquepaque and Tonalá. This will be an opportunity to be close to different expressions of folk art. We will visit galleries and we will meet local artists in order to be involved in the new wave.
During the first half of the day we will visit the 22nd Annual Feria de Maestros del Arte at Chapala, Jalisco; the purpose is to join and see the highest quality of Mexican Folk Art. Then we will have time to discover the surroundings of Lake Chapala. Then we will visit the colorful village of Ajijic, where we will have lunch. Finally, we will walk to the most emblematic galleries while we are enjoying the some of the most fantastic folk art collections.
Tequila, it’s not just a drink, it’s a place. Today we will go to Tequila and we will learn about the process to make this distinctive drink, a true trademark of México.
Jalisco has a very important archaeological site: Guachimontones. Also we will visit the Phil Weigand Interpretive Center, and we will discover the fascinating story behind this important archaeologist and his knowledge related with the hidden geometry of the Guachimontones.
Today we will visit the basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan, which is an architectural jewel of the XVII century; then we will go to the City Hall in order to see the unique murals that José Clemente Orozco painted.
Today we will drive to a magical village: Lagos de Moreno. There we will have the opportunity to learn about the majestic neoclassical buildings that are in the city and includes the Temple of Calvario and the Rinconada of the Capuchin. Then we will visit the Parish of Asuncion, one of the best performances of Baroque buildings in America. Inside it is as spectacular as its towers of 72 meters.
Today we will take you to the local Airport to Guadalajara, Jalisco in order to take your flight back home.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy):||$1,880|
|To reserve your spot:||$940
|Balance (due by Aug 1, 2024):||$940|
|If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Welcome dinner and seven lunches with culinary experiences
It does not include:
- International flights
- Alcoholic drinks
- Laundry and personal expenses
This trip was designed for only fourteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)