November 13-21, 2023
Nine Days and Eight Nights
Puebla is a jewel. This trip has been planned with the purpose to visit every corner of this amazing city. Every day will include plenty of colors, textures and aromatic fragrances. Also, we will visit the third annual Original’s Festival, an encounter with more than 1,000 weavers, in México City, as well as more than 100 folk artists of different specialties. Simply amazing.
|Trip begins at:||México City International Airport on Nov 13, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.|
|Trip ends at:||México City International Airport on Nov 20, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.|
|No. of days:||Eight days and seven nights|
|Areas of interest:||Festivals, history, archaeology, folk art, cuisine, anthropology|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Visiting three incredible archaeological sites – Cholula, Cacaxtla and Catona
- Enjoying the Original Festival in México City, and being part of the most important encounter of weavers and folk artists
- Visiting interesting museums specializing in textiles, baroque, talavera and archaeology
- Staying in the beautiful colonial city of Puebla for five days
- Learning about the tradition of the talavera tiles
- Visiting the most fascinating castle in Puebla and tasting their exquisite cuisine
- Visiting one of the most oustanding libraries in México; the Palafoxian Library
- Enjoying a Revolutionary Parade in downtown México City
We will meet at the International Airport in México City. Then we will take the road to the City of Puebla. We are going to have our delicious welcome dinner at the most important restaurant in this beautiful city.
Our first stop will be the outstanding Cathedral and the Amparo Museum. We will also visit the Palafoxian Library. After lunch we will the archaeological site of Cholula. After this visit we will see one of the most important workshops of Talavera in Cholula.
We will visit the extraordinary Baroque Museum designed by the architect Toyo Ito. Then we will visit two fabolous places: Tonantzintla and San Francisco Acatepec.
We will visit the beautiful Castle of Chautla, where we will learn about its extraordinary history, while we will visit one of the most breathtaking talavera kitchens. After enjoying a delicious lunch at this fabulous destination we will head back to Puebla City.
Today will be an extraordinary day. We will visit one of the most outstanding archaeological sites: Cacaxtla. Its murals are fabulous, and the story behind them as well. Also, we will visit the murals of the Government Palace of Tlaxcala. We will learn about the incredible vision of the artist: Desiderio Hernández Xochitiotzin.
We will travel to México City. After we check in at our hotel, we will visit the Original Festival, where more than 1,000 weavers will display their work. We will spend most of the day being part of the interesting cultural activities taking place at the Cultural Center of Los Pinos.
Today is a second opportunity to enjoy the Original Festival. You will enjoy different cultural experiences like parades, dances and much more.
Today we will celebrate the Revolution of Mexico. There will be multiple parades downtown.
At the time of your preference we will organize the transfer from the hotel to the airport.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy):||$1,880|
|To reserve your spot:||$940|
|Balance (due by Sept 1, 2023):||$940|
|If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Transportation: from México City to Puebla and return
- Daily tours
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Eight lunches
- Welcome dinner with the flavors of Puebla
It does not include:
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only fourteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)