September 25 – October 3, 2024
Nine Days and Eight Nights
Veracruz is a very interesting place. During our trip we will visit the most emblematic archaeological sites and we will also enjoy the second most important Archaeological Museum in Mexico. We will also enjoy two traditional fiestas in Coatepec, one in honor of San Gerónimo and the other is called: El Jarochodromo. It is a festival full of music, joy and the most beautiful dance in Veracruz. We will also visit historical places and museums with invaluable collections. This trip has it all!
|Trip begins at:
|México City Benito Juarez International Airport on September 25, 2024 at 1:45 p.m.
|Trip ends at:
|México City Benito Juarez International Airport on October 3, 2024 at 2:30 p.m.
|No. of days:
|Nine days and eight nights
|Areas of interest:
|Festivals, history, archaeology, folk art, cuisine, anthropology
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Visiting the Iron Palace in the most charming village in Veracruz where Gustave Eiffel touched the history of this interesting place.
- Using all of your senses to explore four magical villages in Veracruz: Coatepec, Papantla, Orizaba & Córdoba.
- Visiting three amazing archaeological sites: Quiahuiztlán, Tajín & Cempoala.
- Visiting Antigua, the first place that Hernán Cortés founded in Veracruz.
- Finding the most exciting coffee plantation and its owners in Coatepec.
- Enjoying the best coffee in Veracruz.
- Celebrating the most important festival in Coatepec, in honor of St. Jeronimo, where on every corner, there will be lots of color, dances, music and the unique joy of the people honoring life.
- Discovering the most fascinating archaeological treasures at the Xalapa Museum, where we will learn about the three cultures that are part of Veracruz, the Olmecs, the Totonacs and the Huastec.
- You will drink, eat, smell and be delighted with the flavors and fragrances of apples, vanilla and coffee, the aromatic flavors of Veracruz.
I will meet you at the Benito Juarez International Airport in México City at 1:45 p.m.; then we will take the road to Papantla, Veracruz. We will have our welcome dinner immersed in the traditional flavors of this rich cultural area of México.
We will visit the archaeological site of Tajín, where we will explore the ball court, the murals and the main plazas. We will discover together the history and the trascendence of this place, then we will visit the magical village of Papantla where we will have a culinary experience with the traditional cooks: Women of Smoke. You will taste the most exciting ingridients of the Totonac cuisine.
Today we will drive to Coatepec. But before that we will make three important stops in order to discover more about the history of Veracruz. We will drive close to the Gulf of México, and we will stop to visit Quiahuitlan, Cempoala and then Antigua.
Today we will enjoy one of the best museums in México: the Xalapa Museum, where we will learn about the three cultures that had a great influence in Veracruz, the Olmec, the Totonac, and the Huastec. Every piece will tell us a fascinating story.
Today is the most important fiesta in Coatepec, in honor of Saint Geronimo. We will join the dances, music and the tapestries. There will be plenty of color and nostalgia. This is one of my favorite festivals in México, because how is it possible to see such different cultural expressions and to be witness of the syncretism in Veracruz. You are going to love every minute of this day.
Today we will visit a coffee plantation while learning about the process involved to achieve the most exquisite cup of coffee. Then we will have a culinary experience in Coatepec, in this village emerge the fragrances of the best coffee in Veracruz.
After breakfast we will take the road to visit Orizaba a charming place close to the Pico de Orizaba. There we will visit several historical buildings, including the Iron Palace, an emblematic masterpiece designed and executed by the famous architect, Gustave Eiffel.
Today we will visit another incredible magical village of Veracruz, Córdoba, where we will learn about the production of sugar cane and coffee plantations and we will visit the extraordinary Historical Center and the Hacienda San Francisco Toxpan. Every place will be the perfect combination between history and culinary fragances. Then we will have a gastronomic experience at the best restaurant in Córdoba, La Tasca.
We will take the road to the Benito Juarez International Airport in México City. We will arrive at the airport by 2:30 p.m
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy):
|To reserve your spot:
|Balance (due by July 15, 2024):
|If you'd like a private room, add:
The tour includes:
- Ground transportation
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner and seven lunches with culinary experiences and the aromatic flavors of Veracruz
It does not include:
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only fourteen travelers.