Archaeology, Gastronomy & Festivals!
Sept 25 – Oct 3, 2023
Nine Days and Eight Nights
|Trip begins at:||México City International Airport Sept 25, 2023 at 1:45 p.m.|
|Trip ends at:||México City International Airport on Oct 3, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.|
|No. of days:||Nine days and eight nights|
|Areas of interest:||Festivals, history, archaeology, folk art, cuisine, anthropology|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Visiting the Iron Palace in the most charming village in Veracruz where Gustave Eiffel touched the history of this interesting place
- Using all of your senses to explore four magical villages in Veracruz: Coatepec, Papantla, Orizaba & Córdoba
- Visiting three amazing archaeological sites: Quiahuiztlán, Tajín, Cempoala
- Visiting Antigua, the first place that Hernán Cortés founded in Veracruz
- Finding the most exciting coffee plantation and its owners in Coatepec
- Enjoying the best coffee in Veracruz
- Celebrating the most important festival in Coatepec, in honor of St. Jerónimo, where on every corner, there will be plenty of color, dances, music and the unique joy of the people to honor the saint’s life
- Discovering the most fascinating archaeological treasures at the Xalapa Museum, where we will learn about the three cultures that are part of Veracruz: the Olmecs, the Totonacs and the Huastec
- You will drink, eat, smell and be delighted with the flavors and fragrances of apples, vanilla and coffee, the aromatic flavors of Veracruz
I will meet you at the International Airport in México City at 1:45 p.m.; then we will take the road to Paplanta, Veracruz. We will have our welcome dinner immersed in the traditional flavors of this rich cultural area of México.
We will visit the archaeological site of Tajín, where we will explore the ball court, the murals and the main plazas. We will discover together the history and the transcendence of this place, then we will visit the magical village of Papantla, where we will have a culinary experience with the traditional cooks: Women of Smoke. You will taste the most exciting ingredients of the Totonac cuisine.
Today we will drive to Coatepec. But before that we will make three important stops in order to discover more about the history of Veracruz. We will drive close to the Gulf of México, and we will stop to visit Quiahuitlan, Cempoala and then Antigua.
Today we will enjoy one of the best museums in México: the Xalapa Museum, where we will learn about the three cultures that had a great influence in Veracruz, the Olmec, the Totonac, and the Huastec. Every piece will tell us a fascinating story.
Today is the most important fiesta in Coatepec in honor of St. Jerónimo. We will join the dances and music, and we will see the intricate “carpets” in the streets made from colored sawdust. There will be plenty of color and nostalgia. This is one of my favorite festivals in México because how is it possible to see different cultural expressions and be witness to the syncretism in Veracruz. You are going to love every minute of this day.
Today we will visit a coffee plantation while learning about the process involved to achieve the most exquisite cup of coffee. Then we will have a culinary experience in Coatepec. The fragrances of the best coffee in Veracruz emerge in this village.
After breakfast we will take the road to visit Orizaba, a charming place close to the Pico de Orizaba, There we will visit several historical buildings, including the Iron Palace, an emblematic masterpiece designed and executed by the famous architect, Gustave Eiffel.
Today we will visit another incredible magical village of Veracruz, Córdoba, where we will learn about the production of sugar cane and coffee plantations, and we will visit the extraordinary Historical Center and the Hacienda San Francisco Toxpan. Every place will be the perfect combination of history and culinary fragances. Then we will have a gastronomic experience at the best restaurant in Córdoba, La Tasca.
We will take the road to the International Airport in México, City. We will arrive at the airport at 2:30 p.m.
COSTS (USD) & DETAILS
|Cost per person (double occupancy):||$1,660|
|To reserve your spot:||$830|
|Balance (due by Aug 1, 2023):||$830|
|If you'd like a private room, add:||$350|
The tour includes:
- Ground transportation
- Daily tours
- A guide specialized in archaeology, ethnography and anthropology
- Entrance fees to all the attractions detailed in the tour description
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner and seven lunches with culinary experiences and the aromatic flavors of Veracruz
It does not include:
- Telephone calls, laundry, etc.
This trip was designed for only fourteen travelers.
Ready to reserve? Use the button below to go to our form. Questions? Contact us. (If you need details about an alternative way to pay, we will be happy to help you.)
You must be logged in to post a comment.